88bikes. You can go anywhere.
The 88bikes Foundation endows bicycles to girls throughout the world, especially the heroic survivors of human trafficking. The highlight of each endowment is the Moment of Happy, when every girl at the ashram or shelter receives her new bike. We partner with vetted, locally-run NGOs, purchase bicycles from local vendors, hire local labor and connect each survivor one-to-one with her donor. Our volunteers return to lead bike rides, organize repair clinics, even paint murals! It's all part of what we call Joy–Based Philanthropy–elevating happiness to a human need. Since 2007 we've endowed nearly 3000 bikes to heroic kids in fourteen countries–and we're just getting warmed up.
88bikes provides a simple and direct opportunity to make a difference for a young person in the world:Give a Bike Donate Now Make Difference 88bikes Toolkit
How it Works
- Buy a bike!
- Send us an email with your pic, or the name+pic of the person in whose name the bike is donated. (You will receive a personal confirmation email from us within a day or two of donating)
- We'll add your name to our Asha supporters page and assign you a bike#.
- Your bike will be endowed to a girl, often the heroic survivor of human trafficking, usually within 3-6 months after donation. Most donations will fulfill in SE Asia.
- Check the mail after the bike has fulfilled for your donor packet, which will include a color, frame-able donor card with a photo of the girl holding your pic next to her new bike. In some cases, you may also receive a letter from your sponsored child.
- As always, feel free to drop us a note if you have any questions: donations (at) 88bikes.org.
- Hop on your own bike and go for a ride!
88bikes launches Seamless Possibilities dress-making workshop in Cambodia …View Gallery
88bikes launches first endowment in Eastern Europe, partnering with FAIR Girls…Read More
88bikes ASHA is officially started, with a focus on girls …Read More
Dan Austin describes his journey into becoming a "road trip pilgrim" …Read More
88bikes VILLAGES is complete, with 1300 bikes endowed and planned for fulfillment in the coming months …Read More
Outside Magazine TV did this interview with Co-Founder Dan Austin during Mountainfilm 2011.Read More
We have officially kicked off 88bikes VILLAGES, which will focus on small rural locations where our bikes can have a major impact …Read More
May 26, 2010
88bikes Project FOUR in 2009-2010 brought bikes to children in Ghana, India, Nepal and Vietnam, endowing orphanages, ashrams, centers and schools sheltering the heroic survivors of human trafficking…Read More