88bikes. You can go anywhere.
The 88bikes Foundation endows bicycles to girls throughout the world, especially the heroic survivors of human trafficking. The highlight of each endowment is the Moment of Happy, when every girl at the ashram or shelter receives her new bike. We partner with vetted, locally-run NGOs, purchase bicycles from local vendors, hire local labor and connect each survivor one-to-one with her donor. Our volunteers return to lead bike rides, organize repair clinics, even paint murals and lead dressmaking workshops! It's all part of what we call Joy–Based PhilanthropyTM–elevating happiness to a human need. Since 2007 we've endowed nearly 5000 bikes to heroic kids in seventeen countries–and we're just getting warmed up.
88bikes provides a simple and direct opportunity to make a difference for a heroic girl in the world:Give a Bike Donate Now Make Difference 88bikes Toolkit
How it Works
- Buy a bike!
- Send us an email with your pic, or the name+pic of the person in whose name the bike is donated. (You will receive a personal confirmation email from us within a day or two of donating)
- We'll add your name to our Sophea supporters page and assign you a bike#.
- Your bike will be endowed to a girl, often the heroic survivor of human trafficking, usually within 3-6 months after donation. Most donations will fulfill in SE Asia.
- Check the mail after the bike has fulfilled for your donor packet, which will include a color, frame-able donor card with a photo of the girl holding your pic next to her new bike. In some cases, you may also receive a letter from your sponsored child.
- As always, feel free to drop us a note if you have any questions: donations (at) 88bikes.org.
- Hop on your own bike and go for a ride!
130 bikes endowed to heroic women and girls in Cambodia.Read More
20 heroic girls in Cambodia participate in our latest Seamless Possibilities dressmaking workshop...Read More
130 bikes endowed to Bihar and Kolkata, IndiaRead More
500 bikes endowed to heroic girls throughout Cambodia!Read More